High Performance Market-Rate Rental Housing Tax Credit
Baltimore has extended the 10-year High Performance Market-Rate Rental Housing Tax Credit aimed at encouraging development of new or converted market-rate apartments in the City. The tax credit is based on the increase in the value of real property due to improvements that were made.
As the Baltimore Development Corporation is on the same network as other city government agencies, we are unable to receive email through our regular email addresses. For questions about grocery store tax credits, please contact us by phone at 410-837-9305 or via email at BDCgeneralinfo@gmail.com.
Citywide 10-year tax credit:
- For newly constructed, wholly renovated, or converted from non-residential building
- Contains 20 or more residential units
- Construction/conversion costs exceeds $60,000 per unit
- Meets minimum of LEED Silver certification or the Baltimore City Green Building Code Standard Two Green Star rating
- Projects that are eligible for the City’s Historic (CHAP) Tax Credit are not eligible
Below is the breakdown of the 10-year tax credit.
|Year 1||80 percent|
|Year 2||80 percent|
|Year 3||80 percent|
|Year 4||80 percent|
|Year 5||80 percent|
|Year 6||70 percent|
|Year 7||60 percent|
|Year 8||50 percent|
|Year 9||40 percent|
|Year 10||30 percent|